I’ve been on Twitter since 2008. I’m not the greatest Twitterer and, as with all things evolving and social, I’m always learning. But in my time on the tweet scene and rubbing shoulders with those in the know, here are my top tips which should help you engage the blue birdy world effectively:
1. At first, just listen. Follow others in your industry, including competitors and suppliers. Search and follow keywords and trends relevant to your business and locality.
2. When you’re ready, join in the conversation. Be engaging; ask and answer questions; create a dialogue that provides added value to your followers. People buy from people – personality is good.
3. Your followers should eventually become your target customers. Find them by following steps 1 and 2.
4. Twitter is public and searchable. Be nice. Don’t swear, stalk or argue.
5. Keep it up! As with all things social and shampoo, it will only be effective with regular use. (Let’s see how many read that bit!)